I just found a great forum that answers the the above question 100%!
It is a forum post from a site called TRIFUEL. It is a site for Triathlon.
Here is the exact question posted:
“Just wonderin if anyone uses one of those massage sticks after their workouts? My legs are screaming lately and need a little work….thought I’d try one and thought I’d ask her first…….or a rolling pin, but I hear they aren’t very good!!”
To me, the biggest differences between The Stick and a rolling pin are:
– you will get pin point accuracy with The Stick
– a rolling pin squishes your muscles
– The Stick massages your muscles
– it is hard to put a rolling pin in your bag
– there is no scientific studies about using a rolling pin
– The Stick has some flexibility to it
– The Stick has much better handles
There are 11 different comments as of Jan 12, 2009.
It is well worth a look.