This post is really part 2 of the post I did on October 20, 2008. Here are some great tips on using The Stick.
General Tips for Use:
- Keep muscles relaxed during rollout.
- Use on skin or through light clothing.
- The Stick is waterproof and designed to bend without fear of breaking.
- It is not necessary to hurt the muscle in order to help the muscle.
- Most effective when used before, during and after periods of activity.
- For pin-point rollout, slide hands onto spindles.
- Excessive use may cause muscle soreness.
- A typical warm-up for healthy muscle tissue is about 20 progressively deeper passes over each muscle group (about 30 seconds per area).
- Discomfort or pain is experienced when the spindles locate a bump or tender knot in the muscle – this is known as a trigger point.
- Muscles containing trigger points are often weak, stiff and sore. They are frequently tight, easily tire and often hurt.
- Muscles containing chronic trigger points need 20 additional passes over the involved area, and may require attention several times daily.
To fully understand how to use The Stick,visit my Specific Techniques page. You will find FREE DOWLOADABLE PDF files!